North West Las Vegas
If you’re looking for a Las Vegas Valley home that offers more seclusion and tranquility than the communities near the Strip, consider a property in north west Las Vegas.
Covering the northern area of Cheyenne to the west of the I-95, north west Las Vegas is about 40 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the Strip.
In the past few years, many people have moved to this location, attracted by the laid-back, bucolic lifestyle. As a result, the region has seen rapid growth and is now home to many of Las Vegas’ most affluent citizens.
The well-preserved natural features of north west Las Vegas have also made the area a perfect location for some of the most prestigious golf clubs in the region.
North West Las Vegas Real Estate
North West Las Vegas is rapidly becoming the residential choice of successful Gen X and Y professionals. The residents’ generally younger age is helping shape the region into a highly diverse community.
The area is made up of various prestigious neighborhoods including:
- Centennial Hills
- Painted Desert
- El Capitan Ranch
- Silverstone Ranch
- Los Prados
Within each community is a wide variety of attractions and amenities, providing residents with all their leisure and recreation needs. These include expansive parks, shopping centers, trails for walking, biking and other outdoor activities, and facilities for sports like tennis, soccer, and others.
Some of these north west Las Vegas communities also boast a golf club with a popular course.
The area is also close to some of Las Vegas’ famous attractions like Mt. Charleston and Red Rock Canyon.
And despite the distance from the Strip, it still offers excellent access to the I-95 and I-15, as well as Beltway 215.
Here are a few more details about the region (based on 2013 data):
- Residents’ median age is around 37 years
- The median household income is about 36% more than the Las Vegas median
- More than half of the population are family households
Northwest Las Vegas is served by the Clark County School District. As the area encompasses several communities, it is best to check with the CCSD to find out which schools are zoned for your preferred neighborhoods. You might also want to learn more about the private schools in these neighborhoods.
Some of the noted schools in north-west Las Vegas are:
- Addeliar Guy Elementary School
- Eva G Simmons Elementary School
- Mojave High School
- Raul P Elizondo Elementary School
The Golf Experience
North West Las Vegas is home to some of the best golf courses and golf club communities in the country, including the following:
- Aliante Golf Club – Aliante Golf Club features an 18-hole 7,000 -yard championship course designed by Gary Pranks Associates
- Painted Desert Golf Club – designed by Jay Morrish, the Painted Desert Golf course was one of the first desert-style golf courses in the Las Vegas area
- SilverStoneRangh Golf Club – this offers the only private golf club membership in the north west and features a 27-hole championship course
- Los Prados Golf Course – located within the master-planned community of Los Prados, the golf club is owned and managed by the residents and has been a long-time favorite in the area
Homes for Sale North West Las Vegas
The many communities in north west Las Vegas offer a wide variety of options to buyers, ranging from entry-level homes and condos to luxurious mansions and estates.
Most homes in the area are customized, so you can find a broad array of architectural styles, including some truly unique ones. Some communities, however, enforce codes and restrictions to maintain a traditional neighborhood environment.
Communities like Los Prados and Aliente also offer age-restricted living options.
As with architectural styles, the sizes of homes in the north west vary greatly, depending on the neighborhood.
Need help navigating this exciting frontier in Las Vegas Valley housing? Give me a call anytime.