Southern Highlands, Las Vegas
If you’re looking for a peaceful, secluded neighborhood with quick and easy access to the Las Vegas Strip, then you will love Southern Highlands.
Located in the southern Las Vegas foothills along the I-15, Southern Highlands is just 15 minutes away from the Strip. From its elevated position, you get a great view of the lights of Las Vegas and the entire Las Vegas Valley.
Southern Highlands is a master-planned community that’s divided into two parts:
- To the north is The Villages – a collection of charming neighborhoods that offer a wide range of home types, from condos to single-family homes.
- To the south is the exclusive guard-gated community around the Southern Highlands Golf Club. Here, you will find stately custom or semi-custom homes that speak luxury in all aspects.
Wherever in the neighborhood, you choose to buy or build a home, you can be assured of living in a safe, family-friendly community with all the features that make for an active and fun lifestyle.
Southern Highlands Real Estate
Two community organizations – the Southern Highlands Community Association and the Southern Highlands Charitable Foundation – actively engage residents in regular events such as the Winter Festival & Tree Lighting, the Governor’s Black-Tie Invitational golf and social event, and the Ladies Pink Tee golf and social event.
This community spirit is one of the things that sets Southern Highlands apart from other exclusive Las Vegas neighborhoods.
Southern Highlands also offers a host of leisure and recreation options, including:
- Eight parks (including two dog parks) and a hiking and biking trail that connects the community
- The Southern Highlands Marketplace – the community’s shopping center which boasts local and national stores and restaurants
- The Southern Highlands Golf Club and Spa – the centerpiece of the Southern Highlands lifestyle
Here are some more facts about the Southern Highlands community:
- The estimated median income in this area is about 70% more than the state median
- The median age of residents is about 33 years (as of 2013 Census estimates)
- About 60% of the population are family households
Southern Highlands schools
Southern Highlands is served by the Clark County School District, one of the biggest in the country. Some of the noted public schools in the area are:
- Charles & Phylis Frias Elementary School
- Evelyn Stuckey Elementary School
- Desert Oasis High School
The golf experience
Southern Highlands Golf Club is often dubbed the best private golf club in Nevada. Designed by the father-and-son-team of Robert Trent Jones Sr. and Robert Trent Jones Jr., the 18-hole golf course utilizes the mountainous terrain to create challenging and exciting playing conditions.
Set amid spectacular views of the mountains and the Las Vegas Strip, the golf club also features a 13,000 sq. ft. spa with state-of-the-art facilities.
Other features and amenities include four lighted tennis courts, separate adult and children’s pools, and a large weight and fitness training studio.
Southern Highlands Homes for Sale
You will find a wide array of homes in Southern Highlands, from 3-bedroom homes perfect for first-time buyers to luxurious mansions.
The Villages are comprised of family-friendly neighborhoods with welcoming tree-lined streets. Homes here come in various floor plans excellently designed by the top builders in the state.
Within the guard-gated Southern Highlands Golf Club are several neighborhoods, including The Estates, featuring luxury semi-custom and custom homes built on premier lots. If you’re looking to build your dream home with all the features and amenities you’ve always wanted, plus the best access to the Southern Highlands Golf Course, then this side of Southern Highlands is the right choice.
To fully explore Southern Highlands and the many real estate options it offers, give me a call today. I will be happy to help you find your new home or homesite in this wonderful neighborhood.